Sunday, April 13, 2008

Poefusion prompt


Aphrodite, goddess of love
by her own beauty she
creates lust among men,
dying to be with her;
even just for a moment.
fate plays a sad role
giving her loneliness
having never found
in another, true love
just obsessive passion.
kinship among men
lovers last victim
mostly woman's
naivety to truth, one's
own heart seemingly
painless; admissions of
queerness settling in.
ready for the next
sign from the gods
to plan her next move
unfortunate to those
various souls in her path
waiting for her beauty in
Xanadu, turning to stone
youth for crossing her. for
Zeus she waits.
this was a combination of prompts from Poefusion, the Monday Mural, and an ABC poem.

7 comments:

poefusion said...

Hello Leigh, I just did notice the abc poem near the end. You did so well with this form I hardly noticed. I almost attempted another abc today but, changed my mind. I am writing an anagram poem today. It will be posted later today. Thanks for giving this one a try. Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Wow Leigh,
you did an excellent job on this one.
Jess

Gemma Wiseman said...

You have woven an interesting poetic narrative.

Gemma

Anonymous said...

I agree with Michelle, your use of the abc was so subtle that I didn't pick up on it until I read the comments. Nice job of not hitting us in the face with the form.

paisley said...

i read the whole thing before i noticed the note about the abc... this was excellent.. that is an extremely hard form to write... and a harder one to hide... bravo!!!!

J. S. Clawson said...

That was a great read! I was so intent on the narrative that I too missed the form 'til the end! That was great! :-)

J.C. Montgomery said...

Oh Leigh, you wove this so seamlessly...its beautiful!!