Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Two for Tuesday prompt

college days

i've learned a lesson
of the utmost importance;
it happened years ago
in college. a time in my
youth when drinking
and smoking were all
that i cared about. no
matter if i missed a
class or two, i'd make
it up another day. it
didn't happen often,
but i did learn a few
things in those days.
for one it is never a
good idea to write a
paper while high, and
never mix your drink
of choice, results can
be terrible. but the
most important
lesson i learned is
not to streak naked
down main street in
the middle of the day;
professors look down
on that behavior and
might even call home.

this was a prompt for Two for Tuesday, the words were lesson and streak of course it is all fictional:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course it's all fictional...

I never streaked naked but one of the best papers I ever wrote was about Harry Connick, Jr. (I KNOW!) and I wrote it while seriously buzzed and holding a cigarette in the other hand.

I don't smoke! What the hell was I doing?

I learned why writers drink, but you do have to be careful not to catch your work on fire if you insist on smoking!

:)

Heather

paisley said...

a ha!!!! love it... walking,, or was it running on the wild side... love it!!!!!

LA Nickers said...

Cute story.

Blessings,
Linda

SIMPLY SNICKERS – weekly poetry prompts